We support the FAA organization located at the William J. Hughes Technical Center, Field facilities and other offsite remote locations that are responsible for total lifecycle support of the NAS. This includes but is not limited to; troubleshooting field problems with NAS computer systems, maintaining hardware and software baselines, providing sustainment engineering and releasing upgrades to fielded automation systems. We provide two areas of Support for the task, Help Desk and field site support.
- Support the centralized Help Desk service that provides immediate access to En Route and Oceanic SLE Group Support 24 hours a day 7 days a week via a live call center and website for En Route, Oceanic and Terminal systems.
- Answering and directing all incoming requests to the En Route & Oceanic Help Desk
- Generating help desk tickets to track site related issues for a specific system
- Monitoring the En Route & Oceanic website for tickets created by site personnel and assigning them to the appropriate engineer
- Performing Quality Control (QC) checks and monitoring all Help Desk Dispatchers activities
Field Site Support
- Support any help desk issue. The issues range from administrative to detailed diagnosis of hardware, software and/or firmware deficiencies.
- Determining and verifying lab setup information (i.e. Release level, hardware configuration, adaptation, etc.)
- Reviewing site support test procedures and assisting in the development as required.
- Developing/reviewing site support test plans/approaches
- Executing/observing verification tests in the laboratories, as needed
- Establishing Site Support processes
- Analyzing and documenting Site Support issues or results
- Assist software developers and system engineers in the collections of data and issue re-creation
- Review, verify and validate Technical Documentation
- Provide Program Technical/Trouble Report (PTR) information for input into the trend analysis report/briefing on a monthly basis
- Support on-site site support activities as required